- Safety: Participants must obey the instructions of tutors and other responsible persons during the course. Failure to do so may lead to injury.
- Usual precautions should be taken with needles and other sharps. Any injury should be reported to the Course organisers as soon as possible. Injury with contaminated needles will probably require a trip to accident and emergency.
- Participants should inform Trauma and Resuscitation Services if they have any previous injuries or other ailments that may prevent them from participating fully in the course, prior to the start of the course.
Non-payment: “Bounced” cheques will incur a fee of £10.
- Payment is expected in full at least two weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Payment may be taken later than this at the discretion of Trauma and Resuscitation Services
Participation: All participants will be expected to take an active part during the courses and to lead moulages and other practices.
Competence: The course certificate is an attendance certificate; it is not a certificate of competence. Candidates need to make their own decisions about their own competence and to seek further training and or mentoring should they feel it necessary. Trauma and Resuscitation Services will do their best to identify areas for further training if necessary, but candidates have the ultimate responsibility.
Trauma and Resuscitation Services accept no liability whatsoever, for actions taken by candidates acting as health care providers at any event. Candidates need to make their own arrangements with their indemnity providers.
- Participants will be refunded the full cost of the course if Trauma and Resuscitation Services are informed of cancellation at least 6 weeks prior to the course that a participant is booked on.
- If Trauma and Resuscitation Services are informed of cancellation 2-6 weeks prior to the course a participant is booked on, then the participant can choose whether to have half the fee refunded with no other obligation, or to transfer their booking to the next available course with no refund for the course they are presently booked on, but also without penalty. This is subject to availability.
- If Trauma and Resuscitation Services are informed of cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the course, no fees will be refunded.